UBTECH Robotics, the company best known globally as the industry leader in artificial intelligence and humanoid robotics today introduced a new line of STEM-friendly Jimu Robots for kids and teens in the Philippines.
UBTECH’s Jimu Robot is an interactive robotic building block system that lets kids easily Build, Program and Share their robot creations:
- Build your robot with directed play for specific, pre-designed robots and open-ended play to create whatever you can imagine.
- Program your robot’s movements with pre-set movements and controls to play with immediately, or easily program it with the Jimu App to make it move however you like.
- Share your robot creations with Jimu’s online global community.
“Jimu Robots are a win-win for kids and parents,” said James Zhou, Founder & CEO, UBTECH. “Kids love Jimu because the robots are fun to build and control; parents love Jimu because their children are not only developing valuable STEM skills as they build, program and code, but are also challenged to use and stretch their imaginations as they design their own creations. Jimu truly is that rare gift that bridges the gap between learning and pure fun.”
UBTECH’s available line of Jimu Robot Kits in the Philippines includes:
Astrobot Kit (SRP 14,995.00) – With 3 pre-designed characters: AstroBot, Rover, and Astron. Customized Design – use your imagination to invent your own robotic creation. Includes 5 servos, 1 sensor, 1 speaker, and 2 LED.
BuzzBot and MuttBot Kit (SRP 13,995.00) – Comes with everything needed to build the BuzzBot or MuttBot robots including six smooth motion robotic servo motors and 260 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
Tankbot Kit (SRP 9,995.00) – The TankBot Kit is a great introduction to STEM learning. The kit includes everything you need to build TankBot, or use your imagination to invent your own robotic creation. TankBot moves on treads, and has an infrared sensor that allows it to detect objects to pick up or move around them.
All Jimu kits include a main control box and a lithium ion battery & adapter and feature:
- Interchangeable Parts – All Jimu Robot parts are interchangeable with other Jimu sets, so after building the official models, you can create your own inventions by mixing with parts from any other set.
- Robotic Servo Motors – The key to the Jimu Robots’ amazingly lifelike movements is the high-torque robotic servo motor, allowing for fluidity and stability when moving from one pose to another.
- Jimu App – The free app provides easy-to-follow 3D-illustrated building instructions, pre-programmed actions, Pose-Record-Play and direct-servo programming, Blockly coding to sequence your actions, and an in-App “Joystick” remote to control your Jimu Robot in real time on your smart device. The app also serves as a portal to a closed online community of Jimu enthusiasts.
Jimu Robot is a great way to engage kids in STEM curriculum through robotics. The application of robotic functioning and programming will get kids well-prepared for the future.
Jimu Robots were built from the ground up to specifically meet the needs of STEM curriculum:
- Science (physics, electronics)
- Technology (advanced motors, sensors)
- Engineering Arts (building & creating, software-hardware interface)
- Math (geometry, balance and programming)
Jimu Robot teaches kids computational thinking and focuses on the real world application of problem solving, expanding their understanding and mastery of:
- Logical, lateral & spatial thinking
- Problem-solving & planning
- Creative & critical thinking
- 3D hands-on engineering
- Team building & cooperation
- Trial and error experimentation
For more information on UBTECH and its line of Jimu Robots, visit www.jimurobots.com
The 3 Jimu Robots kit will be available soon in key retailers such as Toykingdom, Toys R Us, Powermac, SM Appliance, AHHA, Cybertab North Edsa, Astro & Tekplaystore.com and authorized UBTECH retailers in the Philippines.
UBTECH is exclusively distributed by Banbros Commercial Inc. Visit the company at https://banbros.ph/