Battlefield V: Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture update will deliver new content and a substantial increase in DXR ray tracing performance for Battlefield V. GeForce Gamers will be ready with a new Game Ready Driver.
Substantial Performance Increases with DXR Ray Tracing Enabled in Battlefield V
On November 14, Battlefield V became the first game to utilise DXR ray tracing when the first release of DXR became available via an in-game patch. Since then, we’ve been working closely with EA and DICE to rapidly optimize DXR ray tracing in Battlefield V, improving performance up to 50%.
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1440p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Ultra quality.
GeForce RTX 2080 gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1440p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Medium quality.
GeForce RTX 2070 gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1080p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Medium quality.
The optimisations include the following, also referenced in DICE’s official patch notes:
- Made stability improvements while running the game with DXR Ray Tracing on.
- Improved performance of several components of the ray tracing implementation.
- Improved ray tracing performance against foliage and vegetation.
- Using frame buffer data, where applicable, to increase overall ray tracing quality.
- Removed inactive geometry from ray traced scenes.
- Mixed medium quality setting not applying correctly.
Watch our video to learn more about the performance improvements in Battlefield V: https://youtu.be/-wy45bQe_XA
Game Ready and Optimised for DXR in Battlefield V
GeForce Gamers are ready today with a new Game Ready Driver for Battlefield V: Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture.
This driver will also provide the best gaming experience in the upcoming World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth patch with improved DX12 performance, as well as Just Cause 4.
Available on or before launch day, NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers provide the best experience for GeForce gamers because NVIDIA engineers work up until the last possible minute to optimise performance and perfect gameplay. And as an additional verification of quality, every Game Ready Driver is WHQL-certified by Microsoft.
Our driver team’s job does not end once a game launches. They work tirelessly to continue improving performance even after a game launches. The fruits of their labour can be seen with the performance improvements in Battlefield V, improving performance up to 50% when DXR Ray Tracing is enabled, depending on the GPU and configuration you are testing.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs give gamers the definitive Battlefield V PC experience.
- Game Ready Driver story on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/battlefield-v-dxr-update-game-ready-driver/
- Download Game Ready driver: https://www.geforce.com/drivers
- Battlefield V: Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture details on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/battlefield-v-december-4-dxr-update
- Battlefield V: Official DXR Dev Update Video: https://youtu.be/-wy45bQe_XA
- Battlefield V on EA.com: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth on WorldofWarcraft.com: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth